Saturday, August 6, 2011

Blog #4

Hello, blogworld. It's been a while! The birth of this, my newest outlet stems from a few things. First, I've had my good ol' livejournal open on one of my tabs for about a week or two, fully intending to update it for the first time in ~3 years. It sat there and taunted me, but I've had nothing to say to it (obviously), and it is a bit outdated. Outdated in the sense that I used it when I was in high school, and we're better off leaving that one floating around in internet limbo for all of eternity. Same thing goes with my deadjournal and xanga. (Though I can't even seem to remember the password for my xanga. It's a little strange being forced to be spectator to your own blog, helpless to edit.) Second, I have been perusing the blog of a new acquaintance (and by that I mean dude-I-talked-to-on-a-friend's-facebook-thread) as seen here: http://curiosityinthecurtains.blogspot.com/. So, thanks for the inspiration, Dax.

Usually, when I think of how much I used to blog (once or twice a day), as opposed to how often I record thoughts and daily escapades currently (zilch), it saddens me. Then I realize that I was a shut-in for most of high school, and I had nothing better to do than ramble to the internet world. Not to mention the fact I could reach out to a broader spectrum of people- most importantly, folks that understood me. (Sniff, sniff.) Seitan knows I sure as hell was not relating to 97% of the folks in the wonderful town of Deep Creek. Poor, poor, widdle panda. Anyway, I like to think I have a life now, as well as people to talk to that are far more conversational than this silent, blank box. As I say this, however, I am fully enjoying the simple exercise of lamenting and rambling to nothing. This way, the viewer now has the option of exposing themselves to my thoughts. For as much as I despise others forcing their views on me (rather than offering), I try not to do so myself.

So, on with the whole blogging thing, now, right? Let's see, maybe I'll talk about my Friday night.

I came home from work and proceeded to stick my face in front of this, my glowing box of choice, for a few hours to troll the interwebs. Sometimes I think I may have a problem, but I try to comfort myself by saying "Well, at least I don't have one of those dumb smartphones.", and reminding myself that I just really, really love the internet. It's like, my third parent. Webber was off doing his cool-as-hell glassblowing apprenticeship, so after a few hours of trolling, I hastily made some hash browns (the potato looked really tasty, I don't care if it's not really "dinner food"), and headed to meet him so we could hit up a friend's surprise birthday party. When we got there, birthday boy had not arrived yet, so we kind of sat there and twiddled our thumbs. (I only knew a couplea dudes there, so it was just aimless bullshitting about music and such for a while. Oh yeah, and stick-and-poke tattoo show-and-tell time. *sigh*) I drank a 40oz waiting for that mofo to arrive. When he got there, it was more hangout, and me feeling a little distant from these guys that were only a couple of years younger than me. Wanna know what'll break the ice on that? Shotguns! I challenged Anthony, who is one out of 4 or 5 of my witty archnemises (how do you pluralize that?!), to a shotgun contest. Now, I used to kick ass at shotgunning beers. Four years ago, no one could beat me. However, I have not done a shotgun in a few years, and it seems most motherfuckers have gotten better in that time frame, dammit. So yeah, Anthony whooped me by about a second, so a few minutes later, we decided to go at it again. This time, I was a little more concentrated and determined, and I opened that gullet up and managed to tie him. (Note to self: use that sentence in next erotica novel.) At this point, the alcohol in me is definitely kicking, so everyone is awesome, and I will talk your freaking ear off. I started talking to this cute redhead, who wasn't really cute in the attractive sense, but moreso the fact she was all young and omg and stuff, and she challenged me to another shotgun after hearing about my previous attempts. I don't know if she was trying to make me feel better, or if it was a sincere attempt, but that was an easy one. And whoa man, now everything is AWESOME and oh, Chris is calling me to whisk me off to another party, and man, I gotta pee, but I can wait. Oh crap, we're going to another party... how can I drink any mooore? Ah well, balls to the wall, I'm in this night! By the time we got there, I was a bowling ball with a target on that bathroom, but then, I greeted the family. Every time I hang with the cool cats of the Party Liberation Front (or PLF, in supersweetacronymform), I feel at home, so it was a nice night of lots of rambling. Yeah, I was definitely in ramble mode, and I did end up having another PBR and some champagne. I also had the blissful pleasure of sprawling on the grass under my fire-spinning homies, as they maneuvered and toyed with their warm breaths of radiance.

That's pretty much it. Today has been a whole lot of nothing, since the night ended around 3am last night, and I woke up this afternoon with a decent hangover. Here's to hoping this blog has a decent life. Maybe I'll figure out some cool HTML again. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment